Water industry changes
From April 2017 businesses and other non-household customers will be able to choose their water and sewerage retailer for the first time. This is being driven by a government initiative called Open Water to encourage competition in the water industry as well as better, more tailored services for non-household customers. It will create the largest water market in the world and will be the biggest change to the UK water industry since privatisation.
How does it work?
As a retailer, we will enter the market to offer you retail services including billing and tariffs, account management and water efficiency advice. Meanwhile regional wholesalers, who previously supplied you with all services if you were based within their catchment, will continue to physically supply your water and remove and treat your waste.
What is a retailer?
- Retailers will bill non-household customers and hold the main relationship with them.
- They will be the first point of contact for non-household customers when they have a day-to-day enquiry about their water and sewerage services or bill.
- They will aim to compete with other retailers in the market to provide the best service to non-household customers.
What is a wholesaler?
- Wholesalers will continue to supply water and provide sewerage services to non-household customers on behalf of the retailer.
- They will continue maintaining their water and sewerage network and all other assets.
- They will continue to carry out work, such as leak repairs or meter replacements for non-household customers on behalf of the retailer.
I’m a new customer – how to I switch to water2business?
Switching couldn’t be easier, from 6 March 2017 just call us requesting to do so on 0345 850 0714 or enter your details and your request online here. Once you request to switch we will do all the hard work for you.
Who do I contact with an enquiry?
If you have a general or billing enquiry, you can contact us.